Sunday, February 9, 2014

Betzalel's Destiny

Hi,

"Moshe said: To whom shall I instruct? Gd said, 'I will show you.' 

"What did Gd do? He brought the book of Adam [see Bereishit 5:1 and Bereishit Rabbah 24:2] and showed Moshe all of the generations which would arise from the beginning until the Resurrection of the Dead, each generation and its kings, each generation and its leaders, each generation and its prophets. He told Moshe: I established each from that initial moment, and I established Betzalel, too, from that moment. This is the meaning of, 'See, I have called the name of Betzalel.'"


אמר משה למי אומר אמר לו אני מראה לך, ומה עשה הקב"ה הביא לו ספרו של אדם הראשון והראה לו כל הדורות שהן עתידין לעמוד מבראשית עד תחיית המתים, דור ודור ומלכיו, דור ודור ומנהיגיו, דור ודור ונביאיו, אמר לו כל אחד ואחד התקנתיו מאותה שעה, וכן בצלאל מאותה שעה התקנתיו, הוי ראה קראתי בשם בצלאל. 

(Midrash, Shemot Rabbah 40:2)

Have a great day,
Mordechai

No comments:

Post a Comment