Sunday, March 14, 2010

Building a palace for Gd

Hi,

"'And Gd summoned Moshe, from the Tent of Meeting' - What is recorded before this? The portion of the Mishkan, regarding which it is written, 'As Gd had commanded Moshe [so Moshe did]...'

"This may be compared to a king who instructs his servant, 'Build me a palace.' On everything he builds, he inscribes the name of the king. He builds walls and inscribes the name of the king on them, he erects pillars and inscribes the name of the king on them, he creates beamed ceilings and inscribes the name of the king on them.

"After some time, the king enters the palace and finds his name inscribed wherever he looks. He says, 'My servant created all of this honor for me, and I am inside while he is outside?! Call him to enter my inner sanctum!'"

(Midrash Vayyikra Rabbah 1:7)

Have a great day,
Mordechai

No comments:

Post a Comment