Thursday, February 2, 2012

The repentance of King Achav

Hi,

"[Eliyahu said,] "Behold, I will bring evil upon you, I will consume everything you leave, and I will destroy every child of Achav and all who are sealed away and left in Israel. I will make your house like that of Yeravam ben Nevat and Basha ben Achiah because of the anger you incited, causing Israel to sin." And regarding Jezebel Gd said, "The dogs will eat Jezebel in the moat of Yizre'el."…

"And when Achav heard those words, he tore his clothes and put sackcloth upon his flesh and he fasted and lay in sackcloth, and he walked humbly. And Gd said to Eliyahu the Tishbi, "Do you see how Achav humbles himself before Me? Because he humbles himself before Me, I will not bring this evil in his days. I will bring this evil upon his house during his son's days.""

(Melachim I 21:21-29)

Have a great day,
Mordechai

No comments:

Post a Comment