Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Of fathers and mothers

Hi,

I just want to take a moment to ask for forgiveness for anything I wrote or said to you, this past year or earlier. Please know that I am sorry; I would not do it on purpose. If you could please take the time to let me know of such mistakes in a constructive way, I would greatly appreciate it. May all of us be blessed with a כתיבה וחתימה טובה, an inscription and sealing for a great year.

Not sure what to make of this, but it raises interesting thoughts:

“It is the manner of a father to be merciful; it is the manner of a mother to offer comfort.”

(Midrash, Yalkut to Tehillim 103)

Note: Sdei Chemed א:כלל צז adds the words “as well” at the end of the sentence – a mother offers both mercy and comfort.

Have a great day,
Mordechai

No comments:

Post a Comment